Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike

Default 2 gang switch in double box

Don't believe so - I have a 3 gang MK gridswitch replacing an old 4 gang in
a double box. All I needed to do was retap the threads in the flanges from
4BA to the metric threads used on the grid mounting plate.

The metal is soft as butter so a spare correclty sized fixing bolt will
recut the thread failry well if you don;t have taps.

Mike

"mayday" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for your reply, but I believe the grid systems require a
different metal box to the standard ones that is in the wall, so I'd
still have to open up the wall around the box to replace anyway.

Thanks for your thoughts though!