Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

Default 2 gang switch in double box

In article .com,
"mayday" writes:
Hello,

I have a 4 gang switch configured only with 2 lighting circuits (I
guess 2 have been recovered / redundent over the years). To avail my
frustration of constantly pressing a dud switch (only 2 of them work
remember), I want to replace the 4 gang to a 2 gang....... only I
cannot find a 2 gang switch plate. Does one exist? I dont really want
to dig out and replace the double box with a single if I can help it.

MK Grid switch system has both 4 slot and 3 slot frames for 2 gang
boxes. You can get blank modules to fill the unused slots. The larger
B&Q stores do them. There are also modular switch plates you can make
up (several manufacturers), and one of these might look better as the
blank modules blend in better with the background.

--
Andrew Gabriel