Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Default Flexible Tap Tails

Stuart wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
[flexible things ]
I wondered whether they were "bendy copper tube attached to
the tap suitable for solder or compression joints" or the
braided things in your links.

Ah..those copper bendy things .I'd forgotten about them ..I remember having them
in my kitchen .Didn't like them then and can't imagine I'd like them now if they
still make them.. iirc there was a limit to how often you could bend them before
they hardened up..

No, I was just going to post to say "not them" - they're ugly,
and hold even more dust and restrict flow (assuming you mean
the corrugated things) . I just mean the soft copper flexible
(somewhat) tails. These look like a 15mm tube coming out of
the bottom of the taps which you can bent (carefully) to line
up with your pipework.

Is it safe to screw the basin to the wall (using the Fischer plastic inserts in
the basin holes) and let it sit there for a wee while ......I see some basins
that are sold to fit just like that ...

I dunno, I'd prop it IIWY.

I was also thinking of bringing chrome pipe out of the wall (false) behind the
basin to avoid hiding the pipework behind the pedestal .....I'll have a think
about it all

Sounds OK - you might be able to just use a couple of bent
tap connectors.