Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Default termites

RobertM wrote:

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
.. .

mo wrote:

Hello, are there any "good" products that will
help keep termites away from foundation of house?
Foundation is cinderblock.

I will add one idea. Remember that termite problems and solutions
depend on the area in which the home is located.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

The pro's will tell you that there are only two kinds of homes. Those
that have been treated for termites and those that will need to be treated.
Sounds like a marketing slogan. Termites were a big problem when I had the
house in Arizona. Here in Tennessee, I've had the house inspected and no
sign of termites. Soil here is one to three feet of clay over solid
limestone which is several hundred feet in depth.

Bob

Live near a woods? Find a chunk of rotted wood on the ground and see
what is in it ) I don't know how inevitable termites are - seem
almost that way here in Florida - but most times homeowners can learn
maintenance measures to help prevent them, and signs to look for to find
them. Best to find a mud tube before the main support beam collapses
) Univ. of Fla. invented bait systems, or A system, and last time I
looked there wasn't enough data to compare effectiveness. There are
lots of varieties, different ones dominant in different areas, so the
advice to research locally was good.

One clue: they don't eat through paint.