Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon

Default Dryer Duct Outlet

TheScullster wrote:

Something that has been puzzling me about new kitchen design:

Do all dryers have the duct outlet at the same height and relative position?
Obviously it will be necessary for me to core drill a hole for the vent and

You can do it much easier (and cheaper) than that.

If you look around you should be able to get a through-wall
fitting kit, which includes a round to square converter to go on
the inside wall, a rectangular duct roughly half a brick in
section, and an external louvred cover.

All you have to do is measure carefully, chop out half a brick on
the outside, use a long masonry drill to mark the 4 corners, then
chop out inside. I didn't even need to make good the plaster,
the interior plate easily covered everything.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.