Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus7121

Default DONE OT proper way to kill a chicken

On Mon, 15 May 2006 04:32:40 GMT, Gunner wrote:
On Mon, 15 May 2006 02:52:23 GMT, Ignoramus7121
wrote:

details here

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/chicken/

The chicken is almost done, detais on the page. It was not bad, but
its amazing how much flapping it did, even though I wrung its neck.

I only need to gut it now. It is a very fat and heavy chicken. 3 yrs
old.

Save the feet. Hang em up in a warm dry place..then paint the toenails
bright red Varnish well and make a set of earrings for your wife.

My mother actually had a set just made that way. She wore em to
parties that needed a little icebreaker.

Mom was..unique.

Haha, my wife would have a heart attack if I proposed anything like
this. And she is not generally opposed to killing or dressing of
chickens, although I had to do the work myself.

I kept the liver, stomach, undeveloped eggs, kidney, heart, which I
will probably eat for breakfast.

There was about 1/2 lb of internal fat, which I washed and melted in a
pan, for future cooking. (tried not to overheat it) This chicken is
very fat and has a big "pillow" of internal fat, I wonder if she was a
diabetic.

Is it really good for soup only, I am not so sure since it is
not that old and very fat. Any ideas?

If the remaining (one year old) hens continue this egg eating
behavior, they will all met the same fate, although I have my hopes.