Posted to alt.home.repair
Shopdog

Default termites

Our inspector discovered termites around the house foundation that we were
buying, The foundation is cut boulders then stone. We too live on solid
limestone, the termites that were found were NOT invading the house nor were
they an established colony, it seems that the previous owners had mulch
delivered which contained the termites, there was what looked to me like a
pile of them. When the exterminator came he literally picked up the mulch
and showed us the termites. We then had the entire house treated. Better to
be safe then sorry. FWIW, I had no clue that termites could infiltrate block
nor did I know they could eat redwood. (or borrow through it to get to other
wood, rather)

Searcher