Posted to alt.home.repair
Cliff Hartle

Default Replacing my concrete steps

I have a question on how to best replace my front steps, here is a picture.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeocrz3/s...res/stairs.jpg

I am planning on removing all the concrete up to the red lines, building the
form and pouring new concrete. My main question is if I should tie the steps
into the side walls or put in expansion joints to keep them separated?

To tie them in I would drill holes into the concrete on the sides and insert
rebar into the holes maybe anchored with same hydraulic cement. this rebar
would be anchored to some rebar that in would run through the steps.

One other question, the yellow line shows where I want to run some drainage
line down to the street for my downspouts. Can I just use the corrugated
black flex line for this?

thanks, Cliff

PS I still haven't figured out where I'm going to get the crete. I can't
see calling a truck for what I think is just a couple of yards. I have to
figure out how much I need and if I'm going to mix it myself and how.