Jon Elson

Default A warning to all OR... How I nearly burned down my studio withoutreally trying

V8TR4 wrote:
I don't understand what happened?

He said the HF on the TIG welder sparked to the can
and burned a hole through it. I really don't believe
that can happen. What I think happened is that the
contact between a metal welding table and the workpiece
was momentarily broken, perhaps when the piece rocked
from one contact point to another, and at that moment
the ground path back to the welder ran through the
spray paint can. That would SURE burn a hole in a
spray can! Even the HF would be able to ignite that!

Wow! That is a pretty spectacular incident, and it could
have been far worse.

Jon