Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

Default Flexible Tap Tails

On Sun, 14 May 2006 23:00:18 +0100, Colin Wilson wrote:

I am refitting a washhand basin and pedestal and have a couple of flexible tap
tails to fit to the monobloc tap..... ...I'm undecided whether to bring the
feeds up through the floor or through the wall the basin is secured to .I'm
trying to either hide the feeds as much as possible ( using plastic ) or I'll
use chrome pipe,in which case it doesnt matter so much .
Are there "rules " about using flexible tails as keeping them straight as much
as possible or is it OK to "bend" them ?

i`m not a plumber etc :-}

IIRC the monobloc tap on my kitchen sink has two small copper tails that
we had to use - there was no way a flexi would attach due to the
connections on the underside of the monobloc.

You may need to check on the connection arrangement to see if its
actually possible to get the flexis onto the monobloc direct :-}

Yeah.It is possible although it 's tight .I used them on my kitchen sink as
well....One tail has the nut to tighten it at a different position from the
other ...if it wasnt that way the two nuts would be in each others way when you
tried to get a spanner on .

Stuart