Jeffrey Lindemuth

Default How do you store H Mill cutters?

"Gunner" wrote in message
One of the folks here was extremely kind to me, and Im now the proud
owner of about 150 pounds of various horizontal milling cutters,

from
form cutters to slab mills. Ive got cutters till Doomsday and a bit
beyond G

Now this begs the question..whats the best way to store these in a
fashion that is easy to pick out a cutter and use, but protects them
from each other? Space limitations are the killer, as in any shop.

Anyone have any nifty ways to suggest?

Gunner

"The British attitude is to treat society like a game preserve where

certain percentage of the 'antelope' are expected to be eaten by the
"lions".
Christopher Morton

I have mostly 3 and 4 inch staggered tooth mill cutters. I make wooden
box that looks a lot like an old fashion cheeps box, and put in
dividers. I try and make sets by "1/16 th" when practical. When I want
to get fancy, I make the bottom of the box circular with a 3 or 4 inch
diameter.

Jeff Lindemuth