Artemia Salina

Default How do you store H Mill cutters?

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 21:50:02 +0000, Gunner wrote:

150 pounds of various horizontal milling cutters,

Now this begs the question..whats the best way to store these in a
fashion that is easy to pick out a cutter and use, but protects them
from each other? Space limitations are the killer, as in any shop.

I haven't gotten around to setting up better storage for mine yet.
I've got approx. 500 cutters of various types and sizes currently
stored in milk crates(!!)

I'm keeping my eyes open for salvageable rotating racks like you'd
find in a book store or an auto parts store display. Stacked Lazy
Susans, so to speak. That seems to be the most efficient configuration
I can think of. Just place it into a corner of the shop as near to
the miller as possible. Actually something like that would be easy
enough to fabricate myself. Since you only need a narrow "window"
of access, work benches could be placed on either side of the rack,
as well. Even if it was in a corner.