Tim Williams

Default CO2 bottle ..

"jim rozen" wrote in message
If one puts too much dry ice in there, the bottle might
pop. When they do it sounds like an M80 going off, or
so I've been told.

I've seen a few demos involving LN and water (the water only to vaporize
the LN faster); the two are put in a bottle (in one case it was a much
larger jug, with a cork stuck in it a _little_ too tightly... POW!), and
in the case of the pop bottle, dropped in a protective cylinder so as not
to throw, shall we say confetti, on the crowd.

Interestingly the solubility of CO2 seems to *reduce* if
the temperature is dropped enough. Somebody once attempted
to cool his warm bottle of coke by dipping it into an
open topped dewar of liquid nitrogen, when I was working
in boston.

As a metalcaster, this sounds familiar...(I wonder just how much hydrogen
aluminum can hold?)

Tim

--
"That's for the courts to decide." - Homer Simpson