Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stealth Pilot

Default Making a handle and a shaft

On 13 May 2006 22:45:06 -0700, "Albert"
wrote:

I have searched using the internet for answers but I can't find it
there and neither can I find it in the information that my teacher has
given me.

A tool designer wants to make a new screw driver. What metal could he
employ as (a) the handle and (b) the shaft? Why?

chrome vanadium steel for the shaft because it can be rapidly heat
forged to shape and heat treated to a high strength.

injection moulded plastic for the handle because it can be formed into
intricate ergonomic shapes and can be produced in a wide range of eye
catching colours.

have you ever bought and used a screwdriver?
why is this difficult?
Stealth pilot