Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills

Default Mains motors in the workshop

Adrian Brentnall adrian-the papers and the wrote:

Is there anything readable on the larger plate (curved round the main
casing)?

Just been out to the workshop..

It reads
Crompton Parkinson
Insulation Class E
BS170
A73
AC Motor
Spares Cat A3
No TS4543H
BHP 0.166
RPM 1425
Volts 220 / 240
Amps 1.6
PH 1 Hz 50
Rating Cont

Don't know if that helps ??

It doesn't give *me* any clues as to its mode of operation, I'm afraid - but
I don't claim to be the world's leading expert in these matters.

If you feel like doing a little experiment, you could remove the A-Z strap,
and fit a strap between A and S instead - and see whether it works when you
tell it to go backwards. It might just use a different set of internal
windings in this mode, and they might be ok.

Could you still use it if it rotated the other way - maybe by fitting the
belt in a figure of 8 or something if your machinery minds which way it
turns?
--
Cheers,
Roger