Posted to sci.electronics.repair
g. beat

Default UK Source for Weller TCP Heater Element !!!!

"Dave D" wrote in message

"g. beat " @spam protected wrote in message
"bigdaddy" wrote in message
My TCP soldering iron packed up. I am look for a source to buy in UK.
I have this Weller PU-3D with 24V/45W iron. I couldn't find any No.
or marking on the heater so I do not know what it is. Can anybody
help.

GREAT BRITAIN
Cooper Tools
Suite 15, Coniston House
Town Centre
Washington, Tyne & Wear
NE38 7RN
Tel: (0191) 419 7700
Fax: (0191) 417 9421

Heck, that's 10 minutes away from me by car! I can't believe I didn't know
that!

To be pedantic, the county of Tyne And Wear was abolished years ago, but
people are very slow to get used to this fact. It's now Washington,
Sunderland. Some people in Washington won't accept it and still use the
old address.

You can all wake up now ;-)

Dave

That is the exact address as the Cooper Tools UK office uses --
the manufacutring and assembly of the European Weller TCP parts is different
from
the Americas version - made in Germany

:-)