Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Default OT - How to Scare Off Coyotes?

We had a mixed dog an Coyote - it was a good English collie mix.
He lived to 14. He was a fantastic dog - knowing the wild and the work.
We would leave it for a day or two with food in the house and water -
come back with him sitting at the front window. Then he would eat and drink.

A mix really helps - but the dog even knowing our friends well wouldn't let
anyone near the house while we were gone. Gentle as ever. Good friend.

But he wasn't a wild one.

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

~Roy wrote:
IMHO I could care less if it hurts a coyote or not, as long as it
kills the SOB's........and not just scare it away.preferably a long
slow death....well not realy long and slow and quick would be best,
but I really hate those *******s with a passion. This area is loaded
with them. Even the state bombs them with poison baits from aircraft
and they stillmultiply like crazy. One year I shot 14 of them without
even trying. The kills were all accomplished on my way to or from
work or just by happen chance to see them when I had a gun handy.....I
imagine if I hunted them with a predator call etc I oucl deaily have
more than doubled that number.......

A few years back I found 3 little coyote pups in a den. Gave two away
and kept the third, a female.....it was not like a wolf or fox by
anymeans, and no matter how kind it ws treated, it wsa just as unreuly
and mean as a wild reared pup would have been. I gave it to the
wildlife officer up the road, who shot it in the end. None of the
other two pups were able to be trained either, and were also
destroyed......Its not uncommon to see them setting along the
interstate watching cars go buy without a care in the world.

On Thu, 11 May 2006 19:15:49 GMT, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
wrote:

"Bruce L. Bergman" wrote in message
om...
On Thu, 11 May 2006 16:24:07 GMT, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
wrote:
Lloyd: You just failed the r.c.m reading comprehension test.

Nope, the OP's friends didn't want to hurt them. A clean kill doesn't hurt,
and it's the best aversion therapy for coyotes. They're smart enough to pay
attention.

Sometimes, the best solution ignores some design parameters.

LLoyd

"The original frugal ponder.."Since my statements are
given freely, take em or leave em, I am entitled to
my opinion none the less. My opinion and $1 is still
only worth $1.....