Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lyndell Thompson

Default M14-2 right angle grinder arbor. Where to get wheels 7"-9"

"GeorgeD" wrote in message
Lyndell Thompson wrote:
I just got a deal on ebay. Bought a huge 22 amp bosch angle grinder with
a cut cord. Repaird the cord and it works great. I have never used an
angle grinder this big. Problem is: bosch tells me it was sold across the
pond (UK) and no parts or info is available. No problem, I just need wire
cups and grinding wheels for it. I have fabricated a spanner wrench for
it and can now mount 7/8" hole wheels, which nobody here stocks but can
order. I see Grainger has some cup wheels that are multi-fit 5/8-11 or
M14-2 so that may work for that. Does anyone know of any other sources
for wheels/ cup brushes? Ebay did not turn up anything. Can anyone across
the water give a name of a supplier? Thanks in advance for any help you
can provide.
Lyndell ( Louisville KY
area)

Is the voltage and frequency correct for use here? The England uses 240V
at 50 Hz.

Regards,

Yes it is. I am confused by this also. Bosch customer service assured me
this grinder was sold in Great Britain. It is a heavy beast and has ship
anchors drawn on it. Maybe it was used at a ship building yard and used 115v
welder/generator power. Anyway it is labled 115v-60 hz and does not
elaborate whether ac or dc. It works well on ac.
Lyndell