Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Default Second floor external staircase - mandatory?

In my city as in most, the applicable codes are at city hall and they will
let you look at and copy them while you are there (can't borrow). They
actually copied about 12 pages for me and explained it just for a question,
I wasn't even at the permit stage at that time.

"Joshua Putnam" wrote in message
.net...
In article , NOPSAMmm2005
@bigfoot.com says...
On 11 May 2006 15:25:50 -0700, wrote:

Are the International building codes available online somewhere?

International! I think you need the Ocean Shores building code!

Washington State has adopted IBC, what he needs is IBC plus any local
amendments.

The simplest solution is to tell the building official you would like
to make sure you are in compliance, can he please show the specific
code requirement. If it's there, he'll be able to show you. If it's
not, he might back down. Or maybe not, in which case you have to
decide whether you want to be a known PITA at the building department
or not.

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh