Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bud--

Default Building Ground (long-...sorry)

Regarding plug-in surge suppressors - a bunch of crap. Specific comments
on what you said are like arguing with a Scientologist.

The "1993" paper I furnished a link to is part of a NIST "anthology on
surge protection last updated in 2005. Both NIST references are current
on the NIST web site.

The IEEE document is new. It is also your link.

All 3 papers from the NIST and IEEE recommend plug-in surge suppressors.
Two of these papers are overall recommendations on surge protection for
the general public or people involved in surge protection. Apparently
you are smarter than the NIST and IEEE.

One of the authors of the Upside Down House papers you quoted was Arshad
Mansoor. An electrical engineer commented:
"I found it particularly funny that he mentioned a paper by Dr. Mansoor.
I can assure you that he supports the use of suge equilization type
plug-in protectors. Heck, he just sits down the hall from me. LOL."

I have supplied 3 supporting references. You have supplied none. I
eagerly await your link to a reputable source supporting your views.

bud--