Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default Wiring a Generator Independent of the house's wiring

The inside Main can be larger than the outside main as the conductors are
protected by the 150 amp . The inside would essentially just serve as a
disconnect. Call electrical supply houses that are Square D distributors for
the interlock

"swattsup" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've been Googling around looking for less expensive transfer
panels/switches/relays etc and also found this puppy. It's great to
see someone already using it. I hate to have to replace my entire load
center but even so it's still cheaper and more flexible than anything
else I've found.

The upside is it also gets me a main circuit cut-off inside the house
that the contractor crap doesn't have.

One question though, maybe two ;-), where did you get the interlock?
No one seems to have it and Square-D doesn't sell direct.

And a general question directed at anybody (who knows) - there wouldn't
be a problem installing another set of mains breakers in series with
the the main service breakers outside by the meter, would there?

Oh, and a third - does the inside breaker have to have the same rating
as the outside one (150Amp?) There is a great SquareD value pack I'd
like to use but it has a 200 Amp main breaker.

Thanks.

Pete C. wrote:
RBM wrote:

This is actually a cheap, simple, safe,and approved method of transfer.
I've
only seen it made by Square D for the QO series

They also make it for their Homeline series panels.

Pete C.