Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
TCC Taking Care of Carol

Default OT - How to Scare Off Coyotes?

The 22-250 is certainly one of my most used guns as is my .223. I
just love the 22-250 for varmit catagory, into why coyotes fall.

On Fri, 12 May 2006 09:13:42 GMT, Gunner
wrote:
On Thu, 11 May 2006 21:07:06 -0700, Ken Cutt
wrote:

~Roy wrote:
Not too many critters can take a head shot with a .22 cal LR and its
as deadly when hit as it is with a 06' I have always heard theonly
feeling a person feels if shot in the head is where the skin and meat
is compromised, and that the brain itself has no nerve endings and
doesnot feel any pain itself, so hell a 22 even if it did not outright
kill the critter, is not gonna feel all that much, even if its doing
all kinds of death throes..........it only feels the hole the 22 made,
and the rest is just nerve reactions making it look grossly like a lot
of pain.

You may be right but I have heard the sound of an individual brain cell
as it dies . Sounds just like a human scream . It was the brain cell of
a lab rat . Not sure if that matters . About the only thing I shoot with
a 22LR is Grouse . I was given an old Cooey single shot when I was a boy
and have used it for grouse ever since . I used to shoot a lot of
gophers when I was young but there are none near where I now live sadly
. In open fields it is a lot easier with the Swift for coyotes .
Ken Cutt

And the 'red mist" the Swift makes as its trademark tends to not
leave a wounded animal to crawl off and suffer.

Gunner, who has used the 22-250 with equal success on yodel dogs, or
the .243 in heavy barrel out past 400 meters when the .22 centerfires
run out of steam.

"The importance of morality is that people behave themselves even if
nobody's watching. There are not enough cops and laws to replace
personal morality as a means to produce a civilized society. Indeed,
the police and criminal justice system are the last desperate line of
defense for a civilized society. Unfortunately, too many of us see
police, laws and the criminal justice system as society's first line
of defense." --Walter Williams

"The original frugal ponder.."Since my statements are
given freely, take em or leave em, I am entitled to
my opinion none the less. My opinion and $1 is still
only worth $1.....