Carl Byrns

Default CO2 bottle ..

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:36:37 GMT, steamer wrote:

--The trick is to use an old, large soda bottle; i.e. a plastic
one with a large cap. Insert stuff to be carbonated, then toss in a few
hunks of dry ice. Cap the bottle and immerse it in a bath of ice water for
an hour or so. Don't know why (not a chemist) but CO-2 absorption goes way
faster if you drop the temperature.
--I learned this trick at a conference I attend; the fellow who
did it (Tsutomu Shimamura, a great and interesting guy) was carbonating
hunks of fruit. Chomping on a carbonated grape is a real hoot!

Didn't he write "Takedown"?

-Carl