Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Default I stole from Home Depot!

Eugene Nine wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Reasonable suspicion is the sirens going off from the magnetic strip on
some
packages. First time it happened, I did stop, but raised hell with the
manager because of the incompetence of the cashier that did not deactivate
it.

Another time, the cashier was not able to get to it on a large item so she
said she'd just wave me on at the door. What she did not know was the
device came of easily and I stuck it on the bottom of the cart for the
next user.

Those things are great, you here them all the time at Home Depot and Lowe's
"Beep Pardon us but we failed to remove the inventory control tag"
Of course the inventory control is done by scanning the bar code, but
anti-theft sounds more negative than inventory control.
When I was in college a guy in my class used to spend many an evening in
Best Buy peeling those tags off of merchandise and carefully placing them
stick side up on the floor where they would be stepped on and get stuck to
someone's shoe so they would set off the alarm when they tried to exit the
building.

I got a wallet for Christmas a couple years back that set off the alarms
at EVERY store I entered and exited. I looked through the wallet for a
tag and failed to find it until I got really creative in my search. It
was WELL hidden and very tiny. Now I have peace and quiet as I go
through the entrances.

Dave