Posted to rec.woodworking
George Shouse

Default I stole from Home Depot!

Really?

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitut...ml#amendmentiv

I believe that something I own is covered under "effects".

On Thu, 11 May 2006 02:14:30 GMT, "Al" wrote:

They can legaly check your bags/carts from the store and verify your receipt
at least in Oregon. Never had HD or Lowes do it mostly Frys Electronics and
Walmart.

Al

"Brian Henderson" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 10 May 2006 04:32:54 GMT, "John Emmons"
wrote:

One other time I called and asked the manager on-duty why she had someone
who was basically incompetent stopping every customer at the door and
demanding to see their reciepts, told her as I had told the employee that
thought I had stolen something to call the police.

I refuse to stop and have my belongings gone thru by drones.

You have absolutely no legal obligation to do so and shouldn't. Once
you purchase something and they take your payment, you own the item
and have no obligation whatsoever to show it to anyone, any more than
you can demand the drone empty their pockets for you.

I've had some of them being very insistant, but I ignore them. It's
funny to see some of them running out into the parking lot after me
yelling "I have to see your receipt".

No you don't. You *WANT* to see it, you don't have to.

Wal-mart has gotten sued over this and has lost every time. They have
no right whatsoever to demand to see anything. They can ask, you can
decline. They cannot stop you and frankly, I'd love to see one of
them try, my lawyer wouldn't mind picking up some free and easy money
for me.