Bruce L. Bergman

Default CO2 bottle ..

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 23:39:47 -0600, someone who calls themselves
Richard J Kinch wrote:

Bruce L. Bergman writes:

You want to carbonate (or refresh) soda, you find the little
stainless clamp-in back flange Schrader valve stems they use at the
Phone Company for the pressure cable caps.

http://www.truetex.com/carbonation.htm

Richard J Kinch
Palm Beach County, Florida USA
http://www.truetex.com

Right! But it's a heck of a lot easier to leave the valve stem in
the schrader valve on the cap (like the Camel fitting you have in the
first cap photo) and use a schrader chuck rather than your ball valve,
pressure gauge and Milton QD hose fitting. Plus, the modified bottle
cap automatically holds pressure until it is unscrewed for dispensing
the product, even with the hose disconnected.

I've long ago given up on making my own, when there's Item 30 -
Costco Simply Soda diet is like $2.79 a case, which is cheap enough
that it doesn't make it worth messing with. But if I ever run across
a good used BarMate gun, chiller plate and carbonator pump at a decent
price, I might put it all together and start making my own again.

Oh, and use a regular air compressor to run the bag-in-box pumps,
it's a lot cheaper than wasting CO2 on it.

-- Bruce --
--
Bruce L. Bergman, POB 394, Woodland Hills CA 91365, USA
Electrician, Westend Electric (#726700) Agoura, CA

WARNING: UCE Spam E-mail is not welcome here. I report violators.
SpamBlock In Use - Remove the "Python" with a "net" to E-Mail.