Bruce L. Bergman

Default One way to deal with ebay rip-off auctions!

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 07:00:56 -0800, someone who calls themselves Jon
Anderson wrote:

A member of the CCED list posted that someone appeared to have ripped
off his entire web page detailing his mods to the mill.
Sure enough, it's all there, and obviously a fraud, listed within a day
of the seller signing up, and bidder's identities protected.
The seller directly linked all images to the original web site.
Owner of said web site simply replaced one of the images with a fraud
warning.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2573870182&category=25 276

This ends tomorrow and may be shut down before then, so take a quick
peek.

I like it!

Jon

As others have pointed out, the guy is slick, I'll give him that -
But Hans is even slicker in catching and dealing with it...

I'm gonna bookmark this one and follow what happens next.
Cue the William Tell Overture - that should draw the Lone Ranger out
of the woodworks...

I would report this to E-Bay myself, but you have to register first
before you can report it. No, thankee, not right now...

Those of you who do have E-Bay accounts, please write to complain
early and often - It's the Chicago Way... ;-)

Note to Hans Wedemeyer: This is getting coverage in the Usenet
newsgroup news:rec.crafts.metalworking and I am posting this message
there and E-mailing you a courtesy copy. Feel free to jump in with
your comments directly, the headers should get you to the thread.
Or search Google Groups for the root message of the thread -
www.google.com, click "Groups", and search for this Message-ID:

Does Texas Law still accept "Your Honor, He needed killin'." as a
valid defense? ;-)

-- Bruce --
--
Bruce L. Bergman, POB 394, Woodland Hills CA 91365, USA
Electrician, Westend Electric (#726700) Agoura, CA

WARNING: UCE Spam E-mail is not welcome here. I report violators.
SpamBlock In Use - Remove the "Python" with a "net" to E-Mail.