Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce T

Default Negative Gloat (if there is such a thing)

"Robert Bonomi" wrote in message
In article ,
Bruce T wrote:
So I see this ad in Craigslist for a 12" Table Saw for $125. Craftsman,
it
says.

You _should_ have known something was "suspect".

Have you *ever* heard of a _Craftsman_ 12" table saw before?

Well, I'm the first to admit that I don't know everything, so I did a quick
check a Sears.com & found a Craftsman 12" Table Saw Model 22802. Seeing
that, I figure that hey, I don't know hold long Sears has been making these
things, but I do know that they used to make a lot of good tools when I
worked there back in the 60's, so what the hey, let's give it a try.

Older model it says. Only about 30 minutes away. So I say I'd
like
to see it if it's still available. About 8 hours later, a reply with a
phone number and a note "It's still available". So I call. The guy who
answers sounds like he's in his twentys or thirtys. Doesn't seem to know
lot about the saw. "It came from a machine shop or something." "Yes,
it's
available." "Yes, it runs." "I'm moving."

So off I go. Thirty minutes later I'm looking at an old 12" Craftsman
band
saw. The guy calls it a table saw. Sometimes he calls it a bandsaw. The
words seem interchangable to him. I politely decline, and return to my
car,
secure in the knowledge that....If it seems too good to be true, it
probably
is.

Look at the good side -- with all that high-pressure air heading your
way, you should have good weather for several days. *grin*