Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tom

Default Fire doors+frames in rented flats

wrote:
If you're planning to let the flats out, I think you'll find a whole
raft of legislation regarding fire protection - including protection
between floors, fire doors, protected escape routes/staircases, fire
alarms & heating appliances.

have a look at the official doc's he

http://www.odpm.gov.uk/index.asp?id=1130508

I cant work out if it's classed as a HMO (House in Multiple Occupancy)
or not, there are 3 self contained flats. I read on landlordzone that if
it's not a HMO then there are no specific regulations but that does not
seem right, it already has a fire escape, interlinked fire alarms, and
some fire doors, but does not seem to fit into the category of a HMO
properly with it being 3 self contained flats. Are there a set of
regulations for a house which is converted into flats but is not a HMO?

Thanks

apax63 'at' dsl 'dot' pipex 'dot' com