Anthony

Default Which Lathe for Beginner?

jim rozen wrote in news:bpjffd011q0
@drn.newsguy.com:

In article , F.

Hayek
says...

I'm wondering what brand and model of lathe and milling machines

someone
starting out should consider?

You should probably take some local voc-tech classes and
get a feel for what the machines are like, and talk in
person with those who have purchased machinery.

Another important question that has yet to be raised
is, how much do you want to spend?

Keep in mind that you will probably purchase tooling
for whatever you do buy, that will cost approximately
the same amount as the machine itself costs. But
that won't go below some irreducible minimum for things
like measuring tools.

Jim

please reply to:

Check out Steve's site for some used equipment. Don't think he deals with
manual stuff, but I noticed he had a couple of CNC Bridgeports for $3000
each.

--
Anthony

better idiots.