Posted to rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

Default I stole from Home Depot!

Al wrote:
All I can say is go to Frys and see, They always check to make sure whats
in the bag is what you purchased they then mark the receipt with a marker
showing that it was checked (Wilsonville Oregon call and ask about thier
policy). I have had this done at walmart as well. Not arguing with you
about the legalities but I know what they do around the Portland Metro area.

You are making an offtopic argument then, as what's being asserted is
that snooping through your bag thing is completely voluntary on your
part and they have no right to do it if you refuse. If they suspect you
are a shoplifter they have procedures to follow. If they don't, they
have procedures to follow.

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/docs/nc-s...294/giantgenie

The trial court erred in directing verdict for defendant
grocery store manager as to plaintiff's claim for assault and
battery where the evidence tended to show that the manager
accused plaintiff of stealing cartons of cigarettes, grabbed
plaintiff's arm, and pulled him two aisles down toward the
store office. Since defendant manager was acting within the
scope of his employment by the corporate defendant, the
manager's actions will be imputed to the corporate defendant
under the doctrine of respondeat superior.

etc.

er
--
email not valid