Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Dishwasher silverware rack

On 10 May 2006 10:50:44 -0700, Banty wrote:

In article , BE says...

Does anyone sell some kind of plastic waffle material that I can cut into
squares and create a better bottom for the silverware rack, so things won't
fall through?

Just look around. Things like this don't have to be paid for. They
are everywhere.

The containers that strawberries and cherry tomatoes come in might be
useful. they're not all the same, and though light ones might last a
lotng time, there may be heavier ones.

It could be made out of wood too. If it dries out between uses, it
will last a long time, and if it doesn't, it will still last a couple
years. Then make another one.

It doesn't have to be waffle, it just has to have holes.

You wouldn't want that as it would block the dishwasher action.

Even if there were no holes, the water would still come out through
the sides.

SO either see if you have all the original doo-dads that came with your washer
(yeah, I know, the applications of some of these aren't ovbious...), or develop
a habit of *placing* things in their places, and given the situation you have,
avoiding putting knives where you've already cut through.

Banty