Snowman

Default Getting cables under the floorboards

I would like to pass some cables across a downstairs room under the
floorboards. The last time I did this I lifted some floorboards in the
corners of the room, and shoved some plastic rods through with string
attached, pulling cables through with string and leaving the string there
when I finished. I'm going from different places this time, so can't use the
string. It was a bit of a faff though, so I wondered if anyone has any tips
for making the job easier, or what tools to use, etc.

Peter.