Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Maxprop

Default Bowls On the Loose!!!

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message
news:fEa8g.4515$cl1.3551@edtnps90...
Check my web site for using hot glue on a glue block. It works a treat
but
if using it on wet wood, dry the wood with a heat gun first. Also turn the
piece immediately. Moisture can wick to the glue surface and ruin the
bond.
For wet wood I have often used a medium to thick viscosity CA. Put glue on
the block, accelerator on the piece and force them together for a minute
or
so.

All this discussion of adhesives got me thinking: would properly applied
contact adhesives work for this? Or are they too susceptible to releasing
under stress?

Max