Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

Default I stole from Home Depot!

"John Emmons" wrote in message
I find that very hard to believe. Once I pay for something, I own the
property. No one has the legal right to search my belongings without
reasonable suspicion that I've done something illegal. If the police can't
do it, I doubt very seriously that a drone working for WalMart or Home
Depot
can.

Reasonable suspicion is the sirens going off from the magnetic strip on some
packages. First time it happened, I did stop, but raised hell with the
manager because of the incompetence of the cashier that did not deactivate
it.

Another time, the cashier was not able to get to it on a large item so she
said she'd just wave me on at the door. What she did not know was the
device came of easily and I stuck it on the bottom of the cart for the next
user.