Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne Boatwright

Default Dishwasher silverware rack

On Wed 10 May 2006 08:33:30a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it BE?

I swear that these things are designed with holes that are too large in
the bottom on purpose - to facilitate their (and their dishwasher's)
early demise. Of course you toss knives in point first and eventually
they saw through the plastic joint(s) in the waffle pattern and the
larger hole is born. Then the silverware falls through, and the spinning
waterbar is guaranteed to whack something from time to time. And pulling
out the bottom rack with silverware dangling through these holes will
ensure a fair number of scratches on the inside of the dishwasher door.

I believe these are designed this way to help shorten the overall life
of the dishwasher.

OK, end of rant.

Does anyone sell some kind of plastic waffle material that I can cut
into squares and create a better bottom for the silverware rack, so
things won't fall through?

If you were more careful about how you loaded the silverware basket, you
might not have this problem.

--

Wayne Boatwright

"How can a nation be great if it's bread taste like Kleenex?"

Julia Child