kaferhaus

Default One way to deal with ebay rip-off auctions!

And the seller says he's located in the USA, but ebay says he
registered in Canada..........

Bidders ID's are hidden because he didn't want anyone tipping them
off....

This ass has undoubtedly done this before as he seems to know the
"tricks"

As a "foreign" buyer, just try to get your money back from this
scum.... beyond the reach of our authorities and Canada's laws are
much more "relaxed" than even our own (which are pathetic enough) when
it comes to procecuting mail/internet fraud.

This is precisely why I don't ever bid on items from Canada or any
other foreign country unless the seller has plenty of good quality
feedback. Even then you take a risk.

While I've had mainly good results with ebay auctions, I've been
ripped off several times by US sellers that had good feedback but then
"went south"....

If I figure the money I think I saved on the "deals" that did pan out
versus the money I've lost on fraud, it's almost a wash.... Once you
add in the hassle of dealing with someone who is an amatuer when it
comes to shipping or who originally bought the item at a flea market
or garage sale and has no idea that parts are missing or the thing was
mis-represented to him..... etc. etc.,

I've begun to move away from ebay unless I'm looking for a specific
part to a specific machine and the seller can personally vouch for the
item.

I've had to ship a few things back to people for a refund... of
course then your out shipping both ways which is sometimes near or
more than the item was worth to begin with....

Jon Anderson wrote in message ...
A member of the CCED list posted that someone appeared to have ripped
off his entire web page detailing his mods to the mill.
Sure enough, it's all there, and obviously a fraud, listed within a day
of the seller signing up, and bidder's identities protected.
The seller directly linked all images to the original web site.
Owner of said web site simply replaced one of the images with a fraud
warning.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2573870182&category=25 276

This ends tomorrow and may be shut down before then, so take a quick
peek.

I like it!

Jon