Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Thomas Womack

Default What are the protocols used by LCD panels?

In article ,
J nospamplease wrote:
Searched the words lcd pinout.

http://www.woe.onlinehome.de/e_lcddata.htm

I always figued the connectors were too small for most to solder, so the
demand wasn't there... cool though.

Interesting question.

Thanks for the data. I don't think this is a feasible project, if
only because I don't know where to start building a 500V 6mA 35kHz
power supply, but I'm glad that the data's out there. It looks as if
mostly they use a 'standard' 41-pin connector with eighteen bits of
data, two +5 lines, fifteen grounds, and four clocks. Generating the
clocks sounds not impossible with an FPGA, though signal integrity
will be a nightmare with FPGA development boards the shape they are.

Tom