Grant Erwin

Default CO2 bottle ..

Thanks, John. I bet I haven't been in a tavern in 20 years! (Well, maybe
to use the bathroom in dire circumstances ..) - GWE

John Manders wrote:

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message

Is there *any* way to avoid paying $75 for a 5 pound CO2 bottle?
My daughter wants to learn to carbonate her own soda, and I might
need it for MIG after she is done with that.

Just looking to save a buck ..

We save pounds in UK by using beer dispense cylinders from pubs (bars). I
don't know what systems bars have in US but you could ask a barman after
buying a suitable quantity of alcohol of course. Can't remember the size of
my bottle but it's dirt cheap compared to other sources.
You will need a suitable regulator of course. My bottle fitting isn't like a
conventional bull nose so check first.
Here there are 2 types of pub here. One is brewery owned and the publican is
just an employee. These guys are tied down tight so may not be over helpful.
The other sort is privately owned and they have their suppliers over a
barrel (pun intended) so could be more help to you.

John