Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)

Default Fire Escape Rusting

Andy Dingley wrote:

Grit blasting is certainly the best, and the only practical way to get
into the corners - but a portable rig is messy and far from cheap to
hire. Even a larger "hobby" compressor would struggle with this sort of
work too.

Having used a grit blaster attachment many many moons ago, I have
already ruled that out.

The Balcony thing is just too big and fiddly.
The amount of grit required and the mess on the floor would be a
nightmare. It's about 9m x 3m. See following
http://www.gymratz.co.uk/pete/newhouse/back.jpg

No-one has commented on the use of a needle gun.
I was thinking something like the following
http://www.hss.com/index.php?g=30118&t=zoom

Or buy one along with a compressor.
:¬)

http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.