Ben

Default Home made Bandsaw question????

Try this link for a industrial homemade bandsaw
http://www.motherearthnews.com/menar...084-172-01.htm

Also I have a 1956 "Do it yourself encyclopaedia" From popular mechanics
that has a bandsaw made from pipe fittings and wood, I remember using one my
grandpa made and it was better than you might think, I will see if I can
find a scanner and send it to you. Otherwise go to your local library and go
to the archive section and ask for 1956 "Do it yourself encyclopaedia" From
popular mechanics volume 1 and copy it.

Ben

"Jim McGill" wrote in message
There was a side bar in an old "Fine Woodworking" on making a big
bandsaw out of bike wheels. No problem with the axles, as I remember,
but I think the fellow straight spoked the wheels to reduce flex. Also
seem to remember he put hard rubber on the rims to increase tracking
accuracy. FWW has a good cumulative index, you should be able to find
it.

Jim