Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Thomas Womack

Default What are the protocols used by LCD panels?

Nobody seems to sell small high-resolution LCD screens (by which I
mean, say, 15" and 1600x1200) commercially without a laptop wrapped
round them.

www.screentekinc.com will sell me panels, intended as replacement
parts for laptops that have been dropped and had the screen broken,
for $350; the panel has two connectors going to it, for the inverter
and for the video signal, and I get the impression that both these
connectors carry some fairly standard protocol.

Has anyone got a reference as to what the protocol is - I can't find a
data-sheet for a panel anywhere. Ideal part number would be an
LP154WU1, but if I try googling on that part number I get infinite
numbers of companies that sell replacement panels, and no datasheet.

Tom