Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert

Default Building Ground (long-...sorry)

w_tom wrote:
'Tree' does not mean it must be a tree. Lightning could strike a
rock, a neighbor's house, a transcontinential pipe line, or even a
water box to create same effect. Earthing is the one solution always
required even if lightning strikes something distant or if lightning
strikes street utility wires.

snip

Thank you, Tom...I think. I'll have to reread your post several times
to get the gist of what you're saying. I'll also do some (more)
research and get the relevant parts of the Code.

'Tree' in this case does mean a tree...a big one, the highest single
point on my entire street...even though there are houses which sit
considerably higher than mine. This is one big tree...probably at least
part of the reason I seem to be plagued.

jak