Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house
USA1st

Default Front-load washer?

Tomes wrote:
"Mike T." wrote in message
reenews.net...
"Steve" wrote in message
The appliance manager at BestBuy told me sumpthin sorta weird, but
maybe it's true - he says the LG washers are great, but because they
go to max spin instantly, there can be sympathetic vibration of floors
etc.

That's not an LG thing. You can't install a front-load washer anywhere
but a basement, on a solid concrete floor. That is, unless you LIKE all
your pictures shaking off the walls. -Dave

I disagree with this. My front loader is in the laundry room next to the
kitchen, with a normal first story floor and vibration is NOT an issue,
either from the washer or the dryer. My pictures stay on the walls fine.
If it shakes that much, something is wrong with the machine.
Tomes

I don't know how all front loaders are built but was told LG's do not
use a belt...are are direct drum driven, so perhaps that is why there
is less vibration? They are more stable?