Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
robo hippy

Default The $29.95 angle drill continued

One thing that I am noticing about the pneumatic Sioux, is that it
keeps my compressor running continuously (5 hp, 60 gal. Cambel
Hausfeld). I know that the compressor used a lot more ecectricity than
the M/S drills do. That may end up being a considerable cost that I did
not consider. On the other hand, it works very well, and the cool
breeze is a relief, as I am one of those people who is always warm. I
wish it had a better air flow mechanism than the toggle switch it has.
You can't fine tune it, and wide open is 2200 rpm. The trigger switch
is very touchy, and it is difficult to get fine control. So far, 50
bowls from 16 inch diameter to 7 inch, and about 16 hours. Another 6 or
so hours tomorrow, then off to a show.
robo hippy

to be continued