Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default The $29.95 angle drill continued

Hi Reed

It's not only the Sioux/Milwaukee angle drills that have the problem of
the bearing problem, I have had this happen with a B&D drill that I
used for sanding, this problem occurs just because we use these drills
for sanding, and when those shielded only bearings do get grit inside
of them the outside race gets yanked around and the plastic housing
just does not stand up to that. (some of those bearings are shielded on
one side only)

So I wonder how long a brand new Milwaukee would last if they had the
shielded bearings replaced for sealed bearings (or do it themselves)
before using it, I would expect that the initial investment would pay
off well, and the drills last for several years.

I use just normal cheap drills and my Milwaukee only when I am unable
to do the sanding with my other drills.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo