Glenn Ashmore

Default Which Lathe for Beginner?

What ever lathe you get make sure it can swing at least 2" more over the
cross slide than you think you will ever need. I am sitting here now
facing a $200 machining charge on a job I could do in an hour if my 10K
had another 1/4" of swing. :-(

F. Hayek wrote:

I'm wondering what brand and model of lathe and milling machines someone
starting out should consider? I want to make parts for automotive,
motorcycle and gunsmithing use. I'm not talking about engine boring
here, just bushings clamps, brackets. I see a lot of Chinese machines at
Grizzly, Harbor Freight and Jet are they worth it? Thanks

Fred

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com