Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doki

Default Flourescent tube - no starter?

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"Doki" writes:
The flourescent tube in the shed won't start. And there doesn't seem to
be a
starter fitted to the lamp anywhere. Does it have an integrated starter
or
something (no, I haven't removed the starter)?

There are a number of types of fluorescent tube control gear,
and only one of them (albeit, a common one) uses a starter.
Can you describe how it used to start when it worked? The
control gear type which uses a starter usually flashes on and
off a few times during starting, whereas other types don't
start like that. What is the symptom of failing to start?
Also, what's the tube length and wattage?

No idea at all. It's been in the shed years, and it's been on the blink for
a very long time. I'll get on a ladder tomorrow...