Posted to alt.home.repair
Cliff Hartle

Default Floating a deck on a flat roof

I think they did a conventional rubber membrane roof and placed special pads
down on the roof that the deck sections rested on.

I don't think any roofer would give you any warranty at all if you wanted to
put any kind of tie in that would penetrate the membrane to attach the deck
to the roof. I don't think any amount of flashing and sealant would keep
your roof leak free.

" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ok, I have a great flat roof that would make an Awesome deck, it's got
a great view and once we put a dormer and french door in, we will be
golden. I heard tat this Old House "Floated" a deck over a roof. Does
anyone know how this works? We have to get the roof re-done at some
point, so if i'm going ot have to tie things in i'd rather do it then.
I als might make it so it is easy to access under the deck, just
incase.

Can anyone be any help?

Thanks,

Adam