Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default The $29.95 angle drill continued

On 8 May 2006 08:32:05 -0700, "robo hippy" wrote:

Oh yes, the 'rest' of the story.

I gave the cheap drill to a friend in our club who is one of those 'oh
boy, this gives me something to do during my lunch break' types. Me, I
love to use my tools, but don't like to work on them. Kind of like
cars, that is a mechanics job. My friend is going to try some epoxy in
the shaft (where the chuck attaches to the drill, there was a lot of
wobble in the pad (1/4 inch) as it spun) and see if that works. I will
take my M/S drill, and have it repaired which is usually about $75. I
probably could repair it myself, but they can do it a lot faster, and
easier than I can.

Right now, I am starting in on a pneumatic Sioux angle drill that I
have had, but not used much, and see what I can do to it.
robo hippy

IMHO, being really cheap and lazy, I'd buy 3 more cheap drills before spending
$75 to fix a good one...
Let's see... a holder over the chisel rack with 3 cheap drills holding maybe 80,
180 & 220 grit....

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis